Dr. M.G.H .Zaidi
B.Sc. (1985) with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics from Lucknow University, India First Division
M.Sc (1987), with Physical Chemistry from Lucknow
Ph.D. (1992) from Department of Chemistry Lucknow University, India on the thesis entitled ďSynthesis of Some Newer High Temperature Resistant Polymers
Research Areas/ Specialisation/ ConsultancyDevelopment of supercritically green methods of processing of materials for structural, energy storage, biomedical, electronic and antimicrobial applications. Degradation, stabilization and impact of materials on environment.
Teaching ExperienceExperience of >25 years , out of which around 20 years of PG teaching.
Awards & Recognisation
DST & UCOST Travel Grant Award, for attending Rapraís High Performance Fillers at Hamburg, Germany, 2003-04
Honorary Member, New England Association of Chemistry Teachers, U.K., since 2004-05
Affiliate Member IUPAC,¬ Since¬ 2005-06
Academic Brilliance Award for ďExcellence in ResearchĒ by All India Edu. Expo, 2013-14
Bharat Jyoti Award, By India Friendship Society, Delhi, India, 2013-14
Fellow International Congress of Chemistry and Environment, Since 2009-10¬
Fellow Member Indian Chemical Society, Since 2013-14¬
Vice Chancellors Appreciation for quality academics &administration, 2016 -17¬
Bharat Jyoti Puraskar, By India Friendship Society, Delhi, India, 2017-18
Courses Teaching/ Taught ToPG Courses
BPC 641: Physical Chemistry
BPC 644:Advanced Physical Chemistry
BPC 741:Selected Topics in Physical Chemistry
BPC 769:Nano Chemisty
BPC 161:Engineering Chemistry-I
BPC 163:Engineering Chemisty-III
Membership of Professional Societies
Member British Association of Science
Associate Member: Institute of Nanotechnologies (Scotland).
Fellow: International Congress of Chemistry and Environment
Fellow Member Indian Chemical Society.
Honorary Member: New England Association of Chemistry Teachers.
Life Member:Laser and Spectroscopy Soc. India, Indian Physics Association, Indian Society of Analytical. Scientist, Indian Association of Nuclear and Allied Scientists, Society of Pesticide Science India, Society of Polymer Science India, Indian Science Congress Association, International Society of Advancement of Materials and Process Engineering, Materials Research Society of India, Indian Nanoscience Society.
¬ M.Sc. Thesis Advised
1.Kalpana Varshney (2001-02). Synthesis and Studies on Mango Wood Polymethyl Methacrylate Composites ¬
2. Bramesh Kumar (2002-03). Modification of Blackberry Wood through Impregnation Polymerization of Methyl Methacrylate
3. Sandep Negi (2004-05). Metal Polymer Nanocomposites from Supercritical Carbon Dioxide ¬ Synthesized Polymers
4.Dipti Sharma (2006-07). Synthesis of Polyvinyl Pyridine Ferrite Nanocomposites in Supercritical Carbon Dioxide,
5.Gunjan Bisht (2008-09). Effect of Gold Nanoparticles on Biochemical Parameters of B. Juncea ¬ ¬
6. Sandhya Suman (2009-10). Development and Study of Nanocomposites for Control Release Methyl Eugenol
7.Poonam Popola (2010-11). Microwave Synthesis of Nanomagnetic Polyacrylonitrile Composites,
8.Nidhi Sharma (2010-11). Synthesis of NBT/ Polyvinylpyridine Composite in Supercritical Carbon Dioxide
9. Kiran Tewari (2011-12). Synthesis and Studies on Montmorillonite Nanoparticles
10. Versha Joshi (2012-13). Square Wave Voltammetric Studies of Polymer Nanocomposites
11. Anjali Sharma (2015-16). Electrochemical Monitoring of Isoprutoron Release
12. M. Arya (2016-17). Non-Isothermal Kinetics of Decomposition of Polymer Composites
13.T. Tyagi (2017-18).Synthesis & Characterization of Polypyrrole /WC composites
Ph.D. Thesis Advised
1. Navdeep .Bhullar (2006-07). Synthesis of C60 Containing Polymers in Supercritical CO2¬
2.Vikash Agarwal (2008-09). Synthesis and Studies on C60 Containing Polymers in Supercritical Carbon Dioxide
3. Aparna Thakur (2010-11). Supercritical Carbon Dioxide Synthesis and Studies on CNT Polymer Composites ¬
4. Gunjan Bisht (2011-12). Supercritical Synthesis of Magnetic Nanocomposites for Biomedical Applications ¬
5. Harish Mudila (2013-14). Synthesis of Electrically Conducting Polymer Graphene Nanocomposites for Energy Storage ¬
6. Sweta¬ Rana (2013-14). Synthesis of Graphene Nanohybrids for Supercapacitors ,
7. Komal Khati (2016-17). Development of Hemoglobin . Based Composites for Electrochemical Energy Storage
8. Ila Joshi, (2017-18). Development of Novel Polymer Nanocomposites for Electrochemical Energy Storage,
Ph.D. Thesis Co-Advised form Other Universities
1.Laxmi Shankar Yadav (2002-03). Synthesis of Some Novel Oxa/Thiadiazoles Graft Polypropylenes, awarded by ¬ Purvanchal University, U.P., India,
2.Pragati Varshney (2008-09). Non-Isothermal Kinetics and Thermodynamics of Solid State Decomposition of Polyethylene Derivatives, awarded by ¬ Kumaun University, Uttarakhand3.Soni Pandey (2014-15). Synthesis and Studies on Novel Clay-Polymer Nanocomposites ¬ , awarded by¬ Kumaun University Nainital. India
Institutional/ Administrative ExperienceExperience of more than 24 years in the capacity of officiating principal, leader of projects from national and international organizations, In charge of department at degree college and and¬ Head of Department¬ at university level.
¬ Media /News papers/TV
1. Pantnagar Achieves First Patent in Nanotechnology: Dainik Jagran, Fri. 22 May 2009 page 1.,Campus News, 1(3):1,16-31May,2009, Amar Ujala, Hindustan Times Pp 1, 22 May 2009.
2.Way to Make Plastic Biodegradable Times of India 11 Jan 2009, http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Cities/Allahabad/Way_to_make_plastic_biodegradable/articleshow/3961030.cms.
3.Bacteria for Plastic Degradation: BBC News Friday, 19 March 2010. http://www.bbc.co.uk/hindi/science/2010/03/100318_new_bacteria_ra.shtml
4. Researchers Lend Hope to Kanpur Plastic Industry: Business Standard, Jan 06, 2010, ,¬ Reporter Vishnu Pandey /New Delhi/Kanpur 21 Dec 2009.
5. Plastic biodegradation Rashrtriya Sahara 20 Aug, Dainik Jagran Page 1 Wed.19 Aug, 2009.7.
Secondary/ Foreign languages known: Urdu/ German, Russian¬
Life Member of Red Cross Society, of India, Uttarakhand State Branch ,Since 2010
Understanding of German and Russian¬
Biography listed in ¬ ¬
Marquis Who's Who in Science and Engineering, 27 th Ed. 2009-10 Published in U.S.A.