Dr. Dinesh Pandey
Educational ProfileB.Sc. Ag. & A.H., (Agriculture & Animal Husbandary), GBPUA&T, Pantnagar (1994)
M.Sc. Ag. (Molecular Biology & Biotechnology), GBPUA&T, Pantnagar (1996)
Ph.D. (Molecular Biology & Biotechnology), GBPUA&T, Pantnagar (2004)
Research Areas/ Specialisation/ ConsultancyPlant Molecular Biology, Signal transduction, Plant pathogen interaction
Teaching ExperienceHolds two years teaching experience as teaching personnel and more than six years teaching experience as Assistant Professor.
Awards & RecognisationAwarded Young scientist award for the best paper entitled Probing the involvement of hypersensitive response gene (s)during pathogenesis of Alternaria blight in Brassica juncea at 4th Uttrakhand State Science and Technology Congress (USSTC-2009) held from Nov.10-12th 2009.
Awarded Senior Research Fellowship from CSIR (Council of Scientific & Industrial Research, New Delhi) during Ph.D. (Molecular Biology & Biotechnology) degree programme.
Recipient of university merit certificate for the year 1993-94, college merit certificate for the academic year 1992-93 during B.Sc. Ag. & A.H. degree program.
Courses Teaching/ Taught ToEngaged in teaching various courses ( Molecular Cell Biology, Concepts in genomics and proteomics, Introduction to Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Molecular Diagnostics technology, immunotechnology, Principles of Biotechnology, Advanced functional genomics and proteomics, Immunological applications in Biotechnology, Techniques in Genetic Engineering) to students of MSc, B tech and Ph.D. degree programmes in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology.
Membership of Professional SocietiesMember of Society of Biological Chemists (India)
- (2006-07) - Jyoti Kumari Probing the involvement of cysteine proteases and protease inhibitors during hypersensitive response in Alternaria blight of Brassica.
- (2007-08)- Rakesh Mondal Reciprocal Relationship Between MAP Kinase4 And MAP Kinase6 Gene Expression During Pathogenesis Of Alternaria Blight In Arabidopsis thaliana
- (2008-09) - Kannan, P.Trancript analysis of MAPKinase Kinase 9 and MAP Kinase 6 during pathogenesis of Alternaria blight in Arabidopsps thaliana
- (2008-09) - Amita Yadav An attempt to clone fullength gene of PBF-DOF Transcription Factor in Eleusine coracana and in silico understanding of its downstream regulation
- (2009-10) - Rajeev Kumar Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) based cloning of mitogen activated protein kinase 3 (MAPK3) in expression vactor for isolation & purification of MAPK3 Protein.
- (2010-11) - Khushboo Dumka Jasmonic Acid induced modulation of MAPK4 & MAPK6 during phytopathogenesis of Alt
Institutional/ Administrative Experience
Research Papers Published/ Presented
- Dinesh Pandey, Anil Kumar and G. K. Garg. 2001. Antagonism between Alternaria brassicae toxin and zeatin in cell culture of Brassica juncea (L.) czern and coss cv. Divya. Physiology and Molecular Biology of Plants, 7 (2):181-184.
- Mihir K. Mandal, Dinesh Pandey, Shalini Purwar, U.S. Singh and Anil Kumar. 2006. Influence of jasmonic acid as potential activator of induced resistance against Karnal bunt in developing spikes of wheat. Journal of Biosciences 31(5):607-627.
- Arpita Mishra, Dinesh Pandey, Anshita Goel, Anil Kumar (2010) Molecular Cloning and In silico Analysis of Functional Homologues of Hypersensitive Response Gene(s) Induced During Pathogenesis of Alternaria Blight in Two Genotypes of Brassica. J. Proteomics Bioinform 3: 244-248.
- Arpita Mishra, Dinesh Pandey, Manoj Singh and Anil Kumar. 2011. Involvement of hsr203J like gene homologue, protease and protease inhibitors in triggering differential defense response against Alternaria blight in
Books Published/ Edited1. Critical control points in genetically modified Seed Production (Ed. Anil Kumar, Sandeep Arora, Dinesh Yadav, Sonu Ambwani and Dinesh Pandey) English version, 2007 & 2008)
2. Anil Kumar & Dinesh Pandey. 2008. Techniques in Molecular Biology (Lab manual) Vikrant publishers, Haldwani.
Book Chapters :
1. Dinesh Pandey, Gohar Taj, Atul Kumar Gupta and Anil Kumar. 2012. Signalomics and it’s applications In Biotechnology for agriculture and medicine book edited by Anil Kumar, S.M. Gupta and Ashwani Pareek.
2. Dinesh Pandey, Ambika Gupta, and Vikrant Gupta. 2012. Genomics Technology, In Biotechnology for agriculture and medicine book edited by Anil Kumar, S.M. Gupta and Ashwani Pareek.
3. Deepa Bisht and Dinesh Pandey . 2012. Proteomics technology In Biotechnology for agriculture and medicine book edited by Anil Kumar, S.M. Gupta and Ashwani Pareek.
4. Anil Kumar, Dinesh Pandey, Sonu Ambwani, Dinesh Yadav, Molecular