Dr. Ashutosh Dubey
- Ph.D in Biochemistry major with minors in i) Molecular biology and biotechnology and ii) Microbiology in 2002 from G.B. Pant Univ. of Agric. and Tech. Pantnagar, U.A. INDIA. (OGPA 4.270/5.000, 79.050%) Thesis title: Functional characterization of purified wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) alpha amylase inhibitor(s) for rice weevil (Sitophilus oryzae) Management
- M.Sc. in Biochemistry from GBPUA&T, Pantnagar in 1997, with an OGPA 4.046/5.000 (=75.069%) Thesis title: Degradation dynamics of endosulfan by soil bacterial isolates.
- B.Sc. with Biology group from Agra university in 1993 with 62.80 %
Research Areas/ Specialisation/ ConsultancyProtein chemistry, Enzymology, Bio remediation
- Sep. 2002-Feb.2003: Lecturer, department of Microbiology, Janta College Bakewar, affiliated to C.S.J.M. University, Kanpur U.P.
- June 2003-Feb.2004: Research Associate, Division of Genetics and Tree Propagation, Forest Research Institute, Dehradun
- Feb.04-Feb 2016 Junior Research Officer /Assistant Biochemist in All India Coordinated Research Project at Department of Biochemistry, College of Basic Science & Humanities. GBPUA&T, Pantnagar.
- Feb.2016- Contd Senior Research Officer /Sr. Scientist in All India Coordinated Research Project at Department of Biochemistry, College of Basic Science & Humanities. GBPUA&T, Pantnagar.
Awards & Recognisation
- NCERT merit scholarship in high school
- University fellowship during Ph.D.
- CSIR-UGC NET (Life Sciences)
- Availed Summer research fellowship 2010 organized by IAS, Bangalore-INSA, New Delhi for the period of 8 weeks (June 2010- August 2010) under supervision of Prof. Indranil Dasgupta, Plant Molecular Biology Department, DU (South campus), New Delh. Submitted report entitld Establishment and evaluation of insect mediated plant viral disease
Courses Teaching/ Taught To
- Elementary plant biochemistry
- Elementary biochemistry
- Enzyme Technology
- General Biochemistry,
- Chemistry of Biomolecules,
- Bioanalytical Techniques,
- Basic enzymology,
- Intermediatary Metabolism I & II
Ph D Course
- Advances in biochemistry and molecular biology
- Current topics in biochemistry
Membership of Professional Societies
Life member of
- Society of Biological chemists (India). Also the convener of local chapter of SBC(I)
- Association of microbilogist of India
- Bhaskar Jyoti Dey (Id 34054) -Biochemical And Molecular Characterization Of Bamboo With Optimization Of Organogenesis In Dendrocalamus Asper M.Sc.(2006-08)
- Libha Joshi (Id 34137) -Isolation, Purification And Characterization Of Proteinaceous Inhibitor(S) From Echinochloa Crus-Galli Seeds M.Sc.(2006-08)
- Deepti Kukreti (Id 35463) -Biochemical And Physiological Characterization Of Barnyard Millet (Echinochloa Crus-Galli) For Lead Phytoremediation. M.Sc.(2007-09)
- Pankaj Kumar Tamta (Id 35404) -Degradation Of Butachlor Herbicide By Soil Microbial Isolates M.Sc.(2007-09)
- Neetu Pathak (Id 36917)- Biodegradation studies and characterization of endosulfan degrading soil bacterial isolates M.Sc.(2008-10)
- Neha Trivedi (Id 36921)Biochemical and 16s rDNA based identification of soil bacterial isolates M.Sc.(2008-10)
- Nand Kishore (Id 36772)- Biochemical characterization and optimization of micropropagation protocaol for bamboo species M.Sc.(2008-10)
- Sanjay Pandey (Id 36766): Effect of lead hyperaccumulation on biochemical and physiological properties of Barnyard millet (Echinochloe crus-galli) M.Sc.(2008-10)
- Deepak Kumar (Id ): Characterization and immobilzation of alkaline protease with 16s rDNA based identification of protease producing bacteria. M.Sc.(2009-11)
- Monika (Id 40848 ): In vitro establishment of Mitragyna parvifolia, medicinally important endangered tree species from apical buds. M.Sc.(2010-12)
- Promod Kumar (Id 41166 ): Optimization of culture conditions for extracellular protease production from soil bacterial isolates. M.Sc.(2010-12)
- Shalini Chandra (Id 40849): Optimization of culture conditions for commercially significant amylase from soil bacterial isolates. M.Sc.(2010-12)
- Amit Joshi (Id 34655): Effect of Pistia stratiotes leaf tannin extract on digestive enzymes and molecular characterization of some tarai carp species. M.sc (2011-13)
- Vasmatkar Pashupat D (id 42750): "In vitro micropropagation of Mitragyna parvifolia (Roxb.) Korth with phytochemical profiling of its bioactive compounds". M.Sc (2011-13)
Institutional/ Administrative Experience
Kisan Mela Convener
- Oct 2007
- Mar 2012
Research Papers Published/ Presented
- Singh Annika; Dubey Ashutosh; T.K. Tyagi; Gaur A.K. and Mishra D.P.; Screening of different Indian wheat varieties for alpha amylase inhibitor proteins/genes to develop insect resistant transgenic plants (2005), J. Plant Biol., 32(2), pp 149-153.
- R.P.Singh, K.K.Mishra, R.C. Verma, Shishir Tandon and Ashutosh Dubey;Anti-oxidant properties of Ganoderma lucidum and Cordyceps sinesis; ,(2007) Mushroom research 16(1): 19-22 [ISSN: 0972-3862]
- R.P.Singh, Vinita Pauchori, R.C. Verma, K.K.Mishra, , Ashutosh Dubey and Shishir Tandon; Extraction and quantification of glucosaminoglycan from Ganoderma lucidum (2008), J. eco-friendly agriculture, 3(2): 180-182
- Nidhi Gupta, Ashutosh Dubey and Lakshmi Tewari; High efficiency alcohol tolerant Saccharomyces isolates of Phoenix dactylifera for bioconversion of sugarcane juice into bioethanol (2009), J. Scientific & Industrial Research Vol. 68, May, pp. 401-405 [ISSN: 0022-4456]
- Shubhra Singh, Ashutosh Dubey, Lakshami Tiwari and A.K Verma (2009) Microbial profile of stored jaggery: A traditional Indian sweetener. J. Sugar Tech Vol. 11(2), pp 213-216
- A. K. Verma, Shubhra Singh, Shalini Singh and Ashutosh Dubey (2012) 16S rDNA sequence based characterization of bacteria in stored jaggery in Indian jaggery manufacturing units. Sugar Tech Volume 14(4), pp 422-42
- Deepak Kumar, Vinod Kumar, A. K. Verma and Ashutosh Dubey (2013) Kinetic Characterization and Immobilization of Partially Purified Extracellular Alkaline Protease from Rhizospheric Soil Bacterium Bacillus subtilis strain EN4: JOURNAL OF PURE AND APPLIED MICROBIOLOGY Vol 07(01) 727-732 Naas ratings 6.4
- A.K. Verma, Soniya Saini, S. Nishad, Vinod Kumar, Shalini Singh and Ashutosh Dubey (2013) Production, Purification and Characterization of beta-glucosidase from Bacillus subtilis strain PS Isolated from Sugarcane Bagasse: JOURNAL OF PURE AND APPLIED MICROBIOLOGY Vol 07(01) 803-810. Naas ratings 6.4
- Ashutosh Dubey, B.R. Singh, Shishir Tandon, A.K. Verma (2009); Effects of apple pomace on white flour biscuit making properties: a mixographic analysis. National conference on engineering for food and bioprocessing(Feb 27- Mar1, 2009), organized by Department of post harvest process and food engineering, College of technology, G.B.P.U.A.&T. Pantnagar- 263 145 ( India)
- Nidhi Gupta, A.K. Verma, Ashutosh Dubey, and Lakshmi Tiwari (2009); Comparative evaluation of microbial isolates of Phoenix dactylifera for alcohol tolerance and bioethanol production from sugarcane juice. National conference on engineering for food and bioprocessing(Feb 27- Mar1, 2009), organized by Department of post harvest process and food engineering, College of technology, G.B.P.U.A.&T. Pantnagar- 263 145 ( India)
- Anshuman Singh, Shishir Tandon and Ashutosh Dubey (2006) Cultivation of Stevia rebaudiana. Indian Farmer's Digest, April 2006. 43-44 [ISSN 0537-1589]
- Verma, A.K. and Dubey, Ashutosh (2006) Gur Ke Aushdhiye Gun. Kisan Bharti. Nov 2006. 13-14 [ISSN 0970-5198]
- Ashutosh Dubey, A.K. Verma, and Shishir Tandon (2007). Tulsi : Rashayanik Shanghatak and Upyog. Kisan Bharti December 2007. 29-31 [ISSN 0970-5198]
- Shishir Tandon, Ashutosh Dubey and Asho K. Verma (2009) Cordyceps sinensis (Berk.)Saac. : A medicinal mushroom. Indian Farmer's Digest, Dec 2009. 34-36 [ISSN 0537-1589]
- Ashutosh Dubey, hishir Tandon and Ashok K. Verma (2013) Milletes: Good neutraceutical source. Indian Farmer's Digest, March 2013, 20-21, 40[ISSN 0537-1589]
- Ashutosh Dubey and A.K. Verma (2009) MILLETS: Good neutraceutical source: http://agropedia.iitk.ac.in/?q=content/nutraceutical-factor-millets
- Ashutosh Dubey and A.K. Verma (2009) Post Harvest Spoilage prevention of fruits and vegetables ;, http://agropedia.iitk.ac.in/?q=content/post-harvest-spoilage-prevention-fruits-and-vegetables
SYMPOSIUM Attended and POSTERS/ORAL Presentations
- Kinetics of endosulfan degradation by Pseudomonas sp. from Pantnagar soil: 65th annual meeting of Society of Biological Chemists of India (20-23 Nov. 1996)
- Predominant degradation of endosulfan by Pseudomonas sp. from Pantnagar soil: 37th annual meeting of Association of Microbilogists (India) (Nov. 1996)
- Effect of endosulfan of physico-chemical properties of soil: 69th annual meeting of Society of Biological Chemists of India (Nov 2000)
- Alpha amylase inhibitors from foxtail millets and finger millets: 70th annual meeting of Society of Biological Chemists of India (Nov 2001)
- Proteinaceous amylase inhibitors from wheat seeds: activity against amylase from different sources: Sympossium on metabolic pathway studies from crop (13-15 Dec 2001).
- Screening of different wheat varieties for alpha-amylase inhibitor protein/genes with a view to develop insect resistant transgenic plant: National symposium on Improving crop productivity in an ecofriendly environment: physiological and molecular approaches (15-17 Oct, 2003)
- Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of pigeonpea (Cajanus cajan L.) with CryIA(b) gene: 73rd annual meeting of Society of Biological Chemists of India (21-24 Nov 2004)
- Effect of apple protein and fibre on the Rheological properties of wheat flour: International conference on Post Harvest technology and value addition in cereals, pulses and oilseeds (27-30 Nov. 2006)
- Alpha amylase inhibitor proteins from leguminous tree species: International conference on Post Harvest technology and value addition in cereals, pulses and oilseeds (27-30 Nov. 2006)
- Biochemical and molecular characterization of bacterial micro flora from stored jaggery: 2nd Uttarakhand State Science Congress (15-17 November, 2007).
- Assessment of neutrceutical values of finger millet and banyard millet of Uttarakhand Uttarakhand State Science Congress (November, 2010)
- Isolation and characterization of endosulfan degrading bacteria from soil. Uttarakhand State Science Congress (November, 2010)
- 'Cloning and expression of thermostable β-glucosidase gene in E. coli and biochemical analysis of cloned gene product'. Uttarakhand State Science Congress (November, 2010)
- 'Screening, isolation and purification of protenaceous digestive enzyme inhibitors from barnyard millet of Uttarakand'. 79th annual meeting of the Society of Biological Chemists (India) on Regulation of biochemical and cellular processes in diverse systems, December 13-15, 2010 , Banglore
- 'Purification and biochemical characterization of an extracellular β-glucosidase from bagasse isolets'. 79th annual meeting of the Society of Biological Chemists (India) on Regulation of biochemical and cellular processes in diverse systems, December 13-15, 2010 , Banglore.
- "Future prospects and challenges in phytoremediation of lead(Pb) from polluted soil" National seminar on pesticides, food safety and environment, organized by Department of Chemistry and Departement of Microbiology, C.B.S.& H., G.B.pant uniersity of agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar-263 145, Sponsored by UCOST, Dehradun, November 8th, 2011
- Oxidative and physiological status of Brassica juncea callus in presence of gold nanoparticles 79th annual meeting of the Society of Biological Chemists (India) on Regulation of biochemical and cellular processes in diverse systems, December 13-15, 2010 , Banglore
- "A novel Bacillus subtillis strain PS produces three thermostable extracellular isozyme of beta-glucosidase in the presence of glucose carbon source" 80th annual meeting of the Society of Biological Chemists (India) on 'Metabolic pathway modulations-applications in helath and agriculture' - November 12-15, 2011
- Oral presentation entitled "Milletes: A revisted pinnacle for neutraceutical 1st international and 3rd National conference of Society for Applied Biotechnology (India) on 'Biotechnology, bioinformatics and bioengineering'- June 28-29, 2013, Tirupati
- "Butachlor biodegradabilitiy and growth kinetics os soil borne microbial isolates" 82nd annual meeting of the Society of Biological Chemists (India) and International conference on 'Genomes: mechanism and function'- December 02-05, 2013, Hyderabad.
- "16s rDNA based biodiversity profiling of butachlor degrading soil borne bacterial isolates" 82nd annual meeting of the Society of Biological Chemists (India) and International conference on 'Genomes: mechanism and function'- December 02-05, 2013, Hyderabad.
- Oral presentation entitled " Response surface methodology based optimization of culture conditions for commercially significant amylase production form soil bacterial isolate" 83rd Annual Session of the National Academy of Sciences, India and Symposium on 'Space for human welfare'- December 05-07, 2013, Goa