Department of Environmental Science
Growing concern of the University in the environmental issues in various agro-climatic zones led to the establishment of this Department in 1984. It runs highly sought after Master’s and Ph.D. programmes in Environmental Science besides offering mandatory courses in UG and PG curricula of the University. The major thrust areas of research include environmental impact assessment, environmental pollution, biodiversity, environmental stresses and bio-remediation of agro-industrial waste. The instrumental facilities for environmental monitoring of air, water & soil samples have been developed.
- M.Sc. (Environmental Science)
- Ph.D. (Environmental Science)
- The department has well equipped laboratories for students’ teaching and research work. it has developed basic instrumental facilities for monitoring of air, water and soil samples. The instrumental facilities for monitoring of physical environment and meteorological parameters also exist. The department has access to net-house, glass house and open top environment chamber for culturing and growing of experimental plants.
- Sophisticated instruments such as gas chromatograph, ultra centrifuge, water analysis kit, spectrophotometer, flame photometer, water purification system, fluorescent microscope, high volume air sampler, gel documentation system, AAS, CHNS analyzer, TOC analyzer are installed in the department.
- The department has well developed computational facilities with internet access
- Environmental Impact Assessment Lab
- Biodiversity and Carbon Sequestration Lab
- Computational facility Lab
- Open top environmental chamber
- Ecotechnology and Bioremediation Studies Lab
- General laboratory for U.G. Lab
- General Laboratory for P. G. Lab
- General Laboratory for studying various environmental parameters
Gas chromatograph, UV-Vis Spectrophotometer, Gel Doc System, High volume air Samplers, Stack Monitoring Kit, Deep Freezer, BOD incubators, Centrifuge, Laminar Flow, Flame Photometer, Fibre extraction system, COD Digestion unit, CHN analyser, TOC analyser, AAS, Respirable Dust Sampler, Dissolved Oxygen meter, EC meter, TDS Meter, Noise Meter, Water Purification System, and other small equipment’s of environmental interest.